Bible Quiz – Exodus
- What is the official Catholic Church teaching regarding the
historicity of Moses and the Book of Exodus?
- What are some of the reasons the Catholic Church believes in the
historical interpretation of Moses and the Book of Exodus?
- All of the 12 Tribes of Israel had descendants in Egypt?
- Pharaoh forced the Hebrew people to build Egyptian cities for him
while in bondage. Name the supply cities.
- What was the reward for the midwives who trusted God rather than
- Where did Moses hide the body of the Egyptian he killed? Where
did he flee to avoid the anger of Pharaoh?
- Jethro’s grandchild was Gershom, his mother was Zipporah, and his
- Why was he named Gershom? Who named him?
- Moses was tending his father-in-law Jethro’s cattle near Tabor
when he saw the burning bush.
- What did Moses do when God called to him from the burning bush?
- What were Moses’ objections to speaking with Pharaoh?
- Why does God attempt to kill Moses? Who intervened on Moses’
behalf, and how was Moses’ life spared?
- What message did the Lord give Moses and Aaron to take to
- Why did God establish a covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?
- to set them free from slavery
- to guarantee them prosperity and progeny
- to give them “Canaan Land” where they were living as aliens.
- When Moses brought God’s message to the Israelites, did they
listen to Moses and believe him?
- What ancestral clan were Moses and Aaron descended from?
- Why was Pharaoh, in his human way of thinking, unwilling to
listen to Moses and Aaron?
- Both Moses and the Egyptian magicians turned their staves into
snakes, but Moses’ staff swallowed all the Egyptian magicians’ staves before
- After the 2nd plague, did Pharaoh agree and keep his word to let
the Hebrews go?
- yes & no
- Which was the 1st plague that the Egyptian magicians couldn’t
- Did Pharaoh admit he had sinned, once again, that God was just
in his wrath, and he was ready to let the Hebrew people go; did he keep his
- yes & no
- God specifically explained to Pharaoh the reasons why he decided
not to wipe them out. God even allowed certain crops to survive the hail.
- God made the Sun stand still over which valley while Joshua and
his soldiers defeated the Amorites?
- Was there a time that God destroyed every crop, fruit, and
foliage that he previously spared? During what plague did this occur?
- yes (if yes, then when?)
- The sequence of events in chapters 2, 8, & 10: Put these
events from Exodus in their proper order:
- Moses kills an Egyptian and flees from Pharaoh’s wrath
- Plague of Darkness
- Plague of Frogs
- Moses marries Zipporah.
- What is a little known, mentioned fact that the Lord used to
show how specifically He distinguished between the Egyptians and the
Israelites, and what was God’s anger level when He struck all their 1st
born, both man and beast? Find the scripture reference.
- Why did the Lord require Moses to command the Israelites to
consecrate every 1st born male, both man and beast to God?
- The “root” meaning of Passover is particularly connected to the
- true (if true, research root meaning & connection)
- The Day Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt was called
- The Lord asked the Israelites to celebrate their freedom for how
- Where did the Lord tell Moses and the Israelites to make camp?
- The prophetess Miriam is whose sister?
- Moses led the Israelites out to what desert?
- How many springs and palm trees were in Elim?
- What was the meat that the Lord provided to the Israelites to
eat in the desert?
- What did the Israelites call the bread from heaven?
- How long did the Israelites eat the Manna?
- What did they call the place where Moses struck the rock for
- What did Moses call the altar he built after the battle against
- Who is Moses’ father-in-law?
- What were Moses’ sons’ names?
- What was the name of the mountain where the Lord appeared to the
Israelites and Moses?
- What is the subject of chapter 27?
- Who provides the oil for the lamps?
- What is important about chapter 28?
- What will be the perpetual ordinance for Aaron and his sons?
- What is the main purpose of chapter 29?
- What will be the offering on the altar each day?
- What will be used for burning incense?
- Of what will incense be made?
- How will all the crafts necessary for the building of the
tabernacle be done?
- What is the penalty for desecrating the Sabbath?
- What happened when Moses was delayed in coming down from the
- After Moses spoke to Aaron and asked why he led the people into
a grave sin what happened?
- How did the Lord speak to Moses?
- Did the Lord consider Moses a servant, or was it more than a
- What does the term “stiff necked people” mean?
- What frightened Aaron and the other Israelites when they saw
Moses come down from the mountain?
- During the building of the tabernacle, what was the most
important regulation commanded by the Lord?
- How did Moses gather the materials for construction of the
- What was the wood used in the building of the framework of the
- What was the Menorah made of?
- What does chapter 37 describe?
- From the description of the wood used in the building of the
Altar of Incense, what can be said?
- How much gold was previously given as an offering to be used in
the building of the Tabernacle?
- What was something the artisans did with wood and metal that is
wonderous to us today?
- What is an ephod?
- What did Moses do when all the work commanded by the Lord was
- How long was it before the tabernacle of the tent meeting was
- How was it known when the Lord was present in the tabernacle?
- Thou shalt not use the internet to find answers.
- Thou shalt write the answers with a bible reference, e.g. Exodus
- Thou shalt be sincere and not copy from others.
- Thou shalt use only The New American Bible for answers.
- Thou shalt submit the answers in the office before March 12th, 2018.